Brain Education (BE) is a self-improvement system designed to develop brain fitness, as well as overall health and wellness. It was developed by Ilchi Lee, who also founded the Korea Institute of Brain Science, a non-governmental research organization in consultative status with the United Nations.
This 5-step system includes physical, emotional, and cognitive exercises including postures, breathing techniques, vibration exercises, guided imagery, healing massage, brain exercises, relaxation techniques, and games. Its exercises stimulate the healthy, dynamic and productive functioning of the body and brain, improving sensory awareness, motor control, balance, emotional regulation, stress management, pain relief, attention, and imagination.
Based on proven body-brain fitness concepts, Brain Education is accessible to anyone of any age or fitness level and can be adapted for use in schools, businesses, and other organizations. Thousands of people already embrace Brain Education as a valuable means of achieving their health and wellness goals.
The 5 Steps of Brain Education
1st Step: Sensitizing
- Awakens the brain-body senses.
- Stimulates blood circulation to improve the body’s overall physiological functioning.
- Leads to physical health, enhanced focus and awareness
2nd Step: Versatilizing
- Enhances awareness of our brain and its functions.
- Focuses on flexibility to free us from our fixed habits or patterns.
- Opens the brain to new information, making it more adaptable to new experiences and situations.
3rd Step: Refreshing
- Training to release negative emotional memories and habits.
- Clears away emotional residues of earlier (perhaps traumatic) experiences and releases the associated energy toward new perspectives and attitudes.
- Results in a more positive outlook and self-confidence.
4th Step: Integrating
- Integrates the different functional areas of the brain to release latent capabilities.
- Improves communication and cooperative interaction between the brain’s right and left hemispheres.
- Creates balanced, smoother behavior and activity.
5th Step: Mastering
- Helps achieve greater mastery over the brain (executive control and imaginative faculty).
- Develops the power of choice and volition—brain muscles for making free decisions and carrying them out.
- To create total authorship of one’s life.
Other Benefits of Brain Education
Overall well-being and stress management
- More energy and stamina
- Less fatigue
- Reduced stress perception
- Fewer physical symptoms
- Improved digestion
Emotional well-being and social interactions
- Enhanced confidence and self-esteem
- More calm
- Greater consideration for others
- More harmonious connections to others
- Enlarged enjoyment of everyday activities