Coloring is fun to do alone, but coloring with other people can add to the excitement. It can be an opportunity to make deeper connections with loved ones or initial connections with new people.
Just as people get together to drink wine and paint, you can hold your own coloring sessions. In particular, coloring books with a therapeutic purpose, such as Healing Hearts: A Coloring Book for Letting Go and Starting Over by Manwol Son, can add meaning to your enjoyment.
If you’d like to start a Healing Hearts coloring group, here are some suggestions for how to go about it.
- Decide on the number of sessions you would like to have. For example, there are 10 themes in Healing Hearts with three drawings per theme. You could have 10 sessions and choose one picture for everyone to color during each session.
- Decide on the amount of time you would like each session to last. We suggest one hour to an hour and a half.
- Provide coloring materials, or ask your guests to bring some of their own.
- During each session, have everyone sit in a circle, and read the message that goes with the picture you chose. Consider the meaning behind the message.
- Afterward, keep the meditation offered at the end of the message in mind while coloring.
- Toward the end of the session, have everyone stop coloring and invite them to display their picture and share any changes they felt in their body, mind, and/or energy while coloring.
- Then, ask everyone to say the affirmation meditation for the theme of the picture you chose for that session. For example, if the theme is, “I’m sorry,” then the group can think of people they feel sorry toward and say, “I’m sorry,” to them in their minds.
By the end of the session, you will not only have done important healing on your own heart, but you will have learned from the journey of others.
If you’d like regular updates on our blog posts, new product releases, and sales, click here to sign up for our enewsletter.